Ottawa, ON, July 15, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged slightly lower on a month-over-month basis in June 2015.
• National home sales edged back by 0.8% from May to June.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 11% above June 2014 levels.
• The number of newly listed homes edged down 0.2% from May to June.
• The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.43% year-over-year in June.
• The national average sale price rose 9.6% on a year-over-year basis in June; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 3.1%.