Ottawa, ON, September 15, 2015 -According to statistics1 released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity posted a small month-over-month increase in August 2015.
– National home sales edged up by 0.3% from July to August.
– Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.0% above August 2014 levels.
– The number of newly listed homes rose 0.5% from July to August.
– The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
– The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 6.43% year-over-year in August.
– The national average sale price rose 8.7% on a year-over-year basis in August; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 4.2%.