Ottawa, ON, October 15, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity eased in September 2015 from the month before.
• National home sales declined by 2.1% from August to September.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity edged up 0.7% compared to September 2014.
• The number of newly listed homes retreated 2.1% from August to September.
• The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 6.9% year-over-year in September.
• The national average sale price rose 6.1% on a year-over-year basis in September; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.9%.