Ottawa, ON, August 14, 2015 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged slightly lower on a month-over-month basis in July 2015.
• National home sales edged back by 0.4% from June to July.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 3.4% above July 2014 levels.
• The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.2 per cent from June to July.
• The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.9% year-over-year in July.
• The national average sale price rose 8.9% on a year-over-year basis in July; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 4.1%.